Update your personal details

Why do I need to keep my student record up-to-date?

The personal details you supply at enrolment will be used on official documentation from the University, including your certificate and transcript at Graduation.

The University often needs to correspond with students, via letter, e-mail or telephone, so it’s important that the contact details on your student record are accurate and up to date.

You can update some of this information yourself online, or you may need to contact the University to do this.

How to update your contact details

  • Log on to the UniLife homepage and follow the link Your Account.
  • If any of the details are incorrect, select the Update your details link.
  • You will be asked to re-enter your username and password.
  • Update the information as required.

You can view and update your personal details at any time, but please be aware that it can take up to 24 hours for changes to be shown on UniLife.

If your mobile number changes, and you use this as part of your Multi-Factor Authentication setup, you will also need to update these details. 

How to update your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

You can update your MFA options at any time. You will need to do this if you change your mobile phone, or want to use the Microsoft Authenticator or Google Authenticator app. 

Changing personal details that are normally permanent

If you need to amend your name or change any incorrect information in the University’s database (e.g.date of birth, name or gender identity) you can do this by logging in to Advice Zone Online

Once logged into the system, search for ‘Personal details’ and select ‘How do I change my personal details?’and follow the instructions.

Change the name, title or gender identity USW has recorded for you
Your name and gender identity can be changed on USW systems, including your ID badge. Please see the Changes to Student Personal Details Policy for more information and contact [email protected] with any enquiries you might have. More advice, support and resources for trans students and student peers can be found on Trans Support and Resources page.

Other USW databases
When you update any of your personal details, you are updating your entry in the University’s central student database.

If you have previously been asked to provide details by another department or service, e.g. the Sports Centre, Accommodation Services, Student Support (including the Health Service), the Students’ Union etc. please contact them to inform them of the changes.

While the University tries to ensure changes to the central database are communicated to other departments, this cannot be guaranteed.

If you have any further questions please contact your campus Advice Zone.