Transferring Courses

You may have decided that you’ve chosen the wrong course to study. Don’t worry, as there are a lot of students who find themselves in this situation.

Transfer request for next academic year

The process for requesting a transfer is quite straightforward, but remember there’s no guarantee your request will be accepted – particularly if you’ve not passed your current year of study or that you didn’t fully engage with the course you’re currently on. We recommend that you discuss your decision with both your current course leader and the Advice Zone in the first instance, so that you can make a fully informed choice.

Students studying at Partner Colleges, Partner Organisations or UNICAF should contact their usual course contact.

If you wish to request a transfer for the next academic year, you will also need to complete the online application form via our Enquiries & Admissions Unit.

If you’re not planning to complete the current academic year on the course you’re enrolled on, we recommend that you withdraw from your course. You are welcome to reapply for the next academic year. We must inform you however, there is no guarantee you will be accepted onto the same course again. You can do this via our Enquiries & Admissions Unit via an online application form. Before taking the final steps to complete this process we would suggest you contact your Local Education Authority/SLC as well as the University’s Revenue Unit and Student Money Advice Team who can provide you with guidance as to how this decision will affect your current tuition fees, student loans and any scholarships/bursaries or grants you’re in receipt of.

It is important to note that if you request a transfer to an alternative course but are discontinued from your studies at the end of the academic year, the transfer WILL NOT go ahead.

Transfer request during the academic year

There are instances when you may be able to transfer courses during the year. In the first instance though, please speak with the Advice Zone to see if this is possible and collect the relevant transfer form.
If you’re an international student, any transfer will also affect your student visa. Please ensure you obtain correct advice from our Immigration & International Student Advice so that you can make an informed decision.

Remember, if you don’t talk to us, we can’t help you!

Any questions?

You can use Advice Zone Online to ask us questions, or read one of the many FAQs:

AZO Advice Zone Online