Withdrawing from your studies

Withdrawing from your studies is a big decision and it’s important to really think about why you want to leave. Asking questions or talking it through can help ensure that you make the decision that is right for you.

Deciding to leave

Requests to withdraw must be made using the Student Request to Withdraw from Studies Form. You can request one from Advice Zone Online (search for "Withdrawing from your studies") or from the Advice Zone on your campus. This applies to all students studying at the University, at the University’s Dubai campus and at the University’s Partner institutions.

If you are an International or non-EU student studying on a Tier 4 student VISA you must seek advice from the Immigration and International Advice team before making a decision to withdraw from studies.

You should read the Withdrawal, Interruption of Studies and Transfer Regulations in Appendix three of the University’s Fees and Debt Management Policy to ensure that you are fully aware of the financial implications of withdrawing before you make your decision. We also suggest that you contact Student Finance or other funding bodies if you are in receipt of a loan, grant, scholarship or bursary.

Before withdrawing you must return any University property that you have on loan such as library books or IT equipment.

The effective date of withdrawal from studies is the date that your completed Student Request to Withdraw from Studies Form is received via Advice Zone Online or at your USW Campus Advice Zone, if submitting it in person or sending by post.

Any questions?

You can use Advice Zone Online to ask us questions, or read one of the many FAQs:

AZO Advice Zone Online